Sun, May 01|
Yom HaShoah Commemoration
Together, we will remember those who perished, honor survivors, and highlight the experience of Eastern European Jews during the Holocaust. As we look back, we will also reflect on the devastating war in Ukraine and growing humanitarian and refugee crises today.
Time & Location
May 01, 2022, 2:00 PM
The program will include:
- Keynote speaker Honorable Zev Yaroslavsky
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Holocaust survivor Dana Schwartz, born in Lviv
- Live performance of Ukrainian composer Joachim Stutschewsky’s “Moods for Unaccompanied Oboe”
- Jeffrey Abrams, ADL Los Angeles Regional Director
- Ron Galperin, Los Angeles City Controller
- Consul General of Israel Dr. Hillel Newman
- Consul General of Poland Jaroslaw Lasinski
- Holocaust Survivor David Lenga
This program is presented in partnership with ADL Los Angeles and Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Los Angeles.