top of page
- Sat, Jun 10Barnes & NobleIn collaboration with Barnes & Noble, join us for a conversation with Wah Chen, author of Escape: One Day We Had to Run. In this collection of illustrated true stories of escape to freedom, readers of all ages are thrust into the plight of those who must flee from injustice and danger.
- Sun, Jun 11Holocaust Museum LAThe Peking Express: The Bandits Who Stole a Train, Stunned the West, and Broke the Republic of ChinaJoin author James Zimmerman for this riveting story about China’s great train robbery of 1923 that involved hostages from the Shanghai Jewish merchant community, the movers and shakers who helped build Shanghai into an international economic powerhouse during the 1920-30’s.
- Thu, Jun 15Barnes & NobleIn collaboration with Barnes & Noble, join us for a conversation about the chilling, little-known story of the rise of Nazism in Los Angeles and the Jewish leaders and spies they recruited who stopped it.
- Sun, Jun 18Holocaust Museum LAEva spent a year hiding with her mother in various houses around Budapest. As a young child, she remembers her fear of soldiers, weapons and small spaces, all of which still resonate with her.
- Sun, Jun 25Holocaust Museum LASusanne was born just six days before the Nazi occupation of Hungary in March 1944 and survived the first year of her life living with her mother in so-called “protected houses,” with protective papers (Schutzpass) from the Swedish and Swiss legations.
- Sun, Jun 25Holocaust Museum LAJoin leaders from California's Latino, Black, AAPI, and Jewish communities for a town-hall conversation to discuss our common goals and concerns, and the challenges of and our shared commitment to understanding and resolving our differences.
- Sun, Jul 09Holocaust Museum LAJoin Holocaust Museum LA for a conversation with Richard Hurowitz about his book, a moving history of ten individuals who risked their lives to save others during the Holocaust.
bottom of page